Saturday, November 17, 2012

Bike Repair Tools Where You Need Them

The image below is from UrbanReviewStL.com showing the considerable use of bike parking at Washington University. My son is a junior there and even though he lives off campus, the bicycle is his main mode of transportation.

On Friday I was at its School of Architecture to participate in a Design Studio Review/Critique when I noticed the bike repair station shown in the image at the bottom. There is a pump, screw drivers and hex keys along w/ links to a website to detail/guide repairs. It is an interesting move to make alternative transportation safer and less of a hassle.



My previous post juxtaposes auto dumps from the past and present - maybe some things never change, but there was nothing like the bike-friendly culture that is growing in our town when I was kid. It is meaningful and nice to see.