Saturday, May 5, 2012
This dome, now known as the St. Louis Psychiatric Rehabilitation Center, was built in +/-1869 and is considered an example of Italianate architecture. When it opened it was known as The St. Louis County Lunatic Asylum. Here is a post card from back in the day:
http://dmh.mo.gov/slprc/history.htm has more info and so does Built St. Louis.